I have to tell you that I am so very blessed that this blog has been nominated, not least of all because of this blog’s relative infancy.
According to the rules of the award I, in accepting the award, have to now…
Thank the person that nominated me first and link the blog to that person before you start. (Which I have done above)
Then I have to tell the world 7 things we might find interesting about myself.
Then I have to add my 7 nominees.
So having already complied with the first, here then is my adherence to the second and third parts of those rules…
7 things you might find interesting
- I have numerous favorite films but possible the top one among them has for a very long time now been a film called ‘Kes’.
- Many moons back I was homeless living on the streets and it was one of the happiest times of my life.
- I am a recovering drug addict. My mental health issues, for the record, pre-date my drug usage and I have been clean now for some 27 years.
- As a child I both self-harmed and contemplated (and even attempted) suicide although most of this (apart from one or possibly two suicide attempts) I managed to keep hidden from my siblings and parents.
- I cannot recall a single time in my life when I have doubted the existence of God.
- Despite having been invited to study to become an ordained church minster on three separate occasions in my life I failed, for numerous reasons, to respond to those calls.
- One of the saddest things that I have experienced so far as a Christian is not my having to witness how people often live their lives different to the churches’ interpretation of God’s word but actually my having to witness how badly we as a church respond to that.
7 Nominees (Alphabetically)
[Due to the nature of this blog it is perhaps worth my saying that my nomination of the following blogs is not intended in any way to imply that those blogs or bloggers have any link whatsoever with self-harming. They are simply blogs which I truly enjoy reading and following and are nominated for that reason alone.]
Ok so there you have it. As I said I am extremely blessed by this award and I am honoured to be able to nominate the above blogs also.