This morning I woke up to the news that this blog had been awarded a ‘Versatile Blogger Award’ by Andromache over at ‘if i die before i sleep’ and ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’ by Carla over at ‘Seasons Change, and Change.’
I cannot even begin to tell you how blessed I am that this blog should have been nominated for this/these awards. Although I do have to confess to being really confused and thrown off by the similarity in their names and yet the difference in their accompanying pictures. I appreciate them both so much but am not sure how to respond to them.
Both of these awards require that I, on receipt of them, tell you seven things about myself which you might not know and that I nominate 15 other blogs which I follow.
The only problem is that I consider myself to be particularly boring and really struggle to find 7 different things about myself which you might not know. Additionally once I have told you 7 things which you might not know about me for the one award, I can’t really use the same 7 for the next award as you already know them what with my having just shared them lol and thus they wouldn’t qualify as things ‘you might not know’.
In terms of the 15 blogs which I follow and which each award requires, I can simply combine the same list for the two awards. So there is at least less difficulty there. But is that only going to spread more confusion?
“Aggggh does not compute! Does not compute!” LOL
OK here goes let’s see if this works…
Nominations for BOTH awards….
- 25Pillsaday/Fibromy Awesome
- An Imperfect Christian’s Blog
- As The Pendulum Swings
- bi[polar] curious
- I Was Just Thinking
- if i die before i sleep
- Infinite Sadness…or what?
- James Claims
- Manic Muses
- Mathematically Confused
- Seasons Change, and Change
- The Birds and Bees and Me
- The Sandwich lady
Some of the above blogs will already have received at least one of these awards but possibly not the other.
And so now for the 7 different things for each award.
Um… OK the first 7 things which you may not know about me – for the ‘Versatile Blogger Award’…
- My father gave me my first smoke of a cigarette when I was about 5.
- I started smoking when I was 9 years old
- I gave up the cigarettes and went over to smoking a pipe about a year ago now and I have not smoked a single cigarette since doing so. Yeah I know smoking a pipe is still smoking but it is a lot healthier.
- I have a cousin who is a famous author – mainly writing psychological thrillers.
- That same cousin is also a Baroness but don’t be impressed as we have never met and I doubt she even knows I exist lol
- In any given week I spend less than 7 hours in total in the actual company of other human beings. Something which bothers me not because I get lonely (as I seldom do) but because I know that is not how it is meant to be.
- There are a number of emotions or states of mind which I do not experience. Boredom is one of them.
Ok the second 7 things which you may not know about me – for the ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’…
- I used to (when I was a child) play the Trumpet and the Cornet and used to be in two bands and have qualifications to prove it but now can’t remember a single thing about it or how to play either.
- I have a gold medal with distinction for Ballroom Dancing – I got it as a kid and again can’t remember a thing about it.
- I am very passionate about music and love to sing.
- I love to read and write poetry.
- I have a morbid and horrendous fear of dentists.
- Even as a child I didn’t really know how emotionally to be a child so I got through it by mimicking the actions and behaviour patterns and responses of other children.
- Outside of one or possibly two extreme circumstances/breakdowns which I have experienced, I find it impossible to cry for myself or in respect of any sadness or suffering that I experience but I cry very easily in respect of the suffering and sadness of others.
So there you go. Man that was tough! A further 7 things you might not have known about me.
Hopefully I have complied with the requirements of both of those awards and I will today notify those folk whom I have nominated.
Again I am so very grateful and blessed that this blog should have received these nominations.